Episode 052 – Patience is a Skill
Today’s Guest is an amazing professional, He is an Entrepreneur, a brand consultant, a Creative Thinker and the Mind behind Mascot Art House and Ifiok Beyond Design Learning Community, He is the Phenomenal Godwin Akpan, starting out as a passionate cartoonist and Cart maker, the love for design and creativity motivated him to take leaps in career. He shared his journey and lessons his picked along the way with us on today’s episode. Do listen and don’t forget to subscribe on your podcasting app.
Notes from Today’s Episode:
- Don’t get satisfied or stagnated at any level you find yourself in career
- Don’t hold on to old ways and habits that limit or stunt your growth
- Patience is a Skill; creativity takes time
- Patience works with critical thinking, this should not be misconstrued for slow pace of delivery
- Be strategic about rejections, see it as a curve in the learning process and it also contributes to your portfolio
- Contributing to the growth of Communities will make the industry thrive
The Myth that we cannot be united in the creative industry is wrong. Currently with IBD Community I am working to demystify this myth. The goal is to make it possible for anyone to learn and get to any height in the industry. It is possible to get into the industry, learn and with time become a professional.
Remember to go out and create Awesomeness, I am looking forward to hearing from you, send in your comments via email: email@example.com, remember to subscribe on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Spotify and any other podcasting app you use, just search for thecreativeschronicles on your podcasting app and subscribe, thank You!