Mr. Seun Daramola is a friend, brother and a Full Stack Developer at Andela, he embodies passion, I recall him travelling from Lokoja to Abuja to attend Meetups, safe to say community, commitment and passion pays. Today he shares with us his journey and experience and the role communities play in the career of Techies.
Notes from Today’s Episode:Join a Community, don’t be an island… @seunzone #techcommunities #community #softwaredev #thecreativeschronicles Click To Tweet
- Focus on a particular career path, this saves you time
- The knowledge gotten from the process of trying to attain a goal leaves you more equipped for subsequent goals
- Always note that the initial learning curve is different for everyone, know that your journey is different, stay consistent and push through that phase
- To advance in career you need to be in circles of people who are doing what you desire, this gives you access to information and resource persons
- Sharing our knowledge with others helps them and also creates ripple effects and we are better for it
The Myth related to becoming a Senior Developer, the senior developers you see today, were ones beginners, they paid their dues and put in the work; Titles are fine, but don’t feel intimidated or let titles get into your head, forget the titles; give yourself to learning, the returns will be well worth it. Listen to other episodes
Remember to go out and create Awesomeness, I am looking forward to hearing from you, send in your comments via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, remember to subscribe on iTunes, Google Podcasts and any other podcasting app you use, just search for thecreativeschronicles on your podcasting app and subscribe, thank You!