Ian Paget is the mind behind Logo Geek, He is a UK based graphic designer located in Manchester, who specialises in logo and brand identity design. He has successfully built a thriving Community of Brand Identity Designers and also hosts the Logo Geek Podcast. Today he shares with us his story and practical tips for handling “Blocks”, getting mentors and thriving as a Creative Professional, do listen and have fun!
Notes from Today’s Episode:
- Create a plan and reverse engineer it
- The drive to learn more and wanting to get better ultimately pays off
- Continually ask questions, participate in communities and keep pushing
- Adding value also raises your value in the market place
- With a business or anything, you need to have a goal that is beyond working, something you would love to do…
Creative block, most times when people hit blocks, they feel they can’t get anything done. Don’t let yourself be trapped because you can’t think of anything clever or new, you can take ideas and structures from other places, work through putting something together, it might not be the most amazing thing, but it is better to do something than nothing, focus on finishing, this way you have made progress.
Remember to go out and create Awesomeness, I am looking forward to hearing from you, send in your comments via email: email@example.com, remember to subscribe on iTunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/thecreativeschronicles/id1304002365and any other podcasting app you use, just search for thecreativeschronicles on your podcasting app and subscribe, thank You!