Episode 024 – Time, Processes and Limiting beliefs
Today’s Guest Mary Alenoghena is a phenomenal mind, a passionate event planner, a Graduate of Electrical Electronics Engineering from the University of Benin, she is the founder Tech Queens Development Initiative and she has organized and co-organized several Django workshops in different cities in Nigeria, she is passionate about women empowerment and also getting more women involved in tech. She shares from her wealth of experience with organizing these events, the challenges and lessons she has picked. This is one episode you would want to listen to more than once.
My Take Away’s From Today’s Episode:
- You build problem solving skills with experience you get from doing
- If you plan well and have a back up plan; with time you improve on the quality of projects you deliver
- The little things and little wins counts; it all adds up
- You can do anything you put your mind to…
- The fact that you are not coding does not mean you cannot be in tech
- You need to be intentional about anything you want to achieve in life or career
- Don’t be afraid of failure… Without failure and learning from your mistakes, you can’t succeed
- A tree doesn’t come up in a day, it takes time.
Demystifying the Myths
There is an unconscious barrier built by society, stereotypes and views about what kind of careers women and ladies can and can’t do… this is wrong, If we all do what we can, where we are, we can change stereotypes and change limiting beliefs
I am looking forward to hearing from you, send in your comments via email: email@example.com, remember to subscribe on iTunes and any other podcasting app you use, just search for thecreativeschronicles on your podcasting app and subscribe, thank You!
This has been an amazing and enlightening episode, I trust that you have picked a ton of value from today’s episode, do have an Amazing Weekend, I will see you next Week.